Need to learn object oriented PHP programming

Paithar

Hello. I've been a PHP developer for about 10 months now. The website I help update and maintain is written entirely in prodecural t ype PHP. I know there's nothing wrong with this but from what little I know about object oriented developing I think the site could use a major overhaul and would be easier to maintain if it were written in an object oriented style. The problem is I only know the very basics of object oriented developing. Not enough to rewrite the site or even just a few pages.

So, I'm looking for some suggestions on books that will help me to learn PHP Object Oriented Programming. I have a couple of PHP books but neither of them do more than simply touch on object oriented programming.

My hope is to learn it well enough to rewrite a few, not so critical, pages of our site and show it to my supervisor and see if he'll let me continue on with it.

Thanks

I used a SAMS teach yourself in 24 hours book.

I knew enough that the first dozen chapters, if not more, were of no use to me, but towards the end it was pretty useful stuff.

You could pick up some quite useful tutorials online though, which will help you along your way.

[!--quoteo(post=364065:date=Apr 12 2006, 03:15 PM:name=Paithar)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Paithar @ Apr 12 2006, 03:15 PM) [snapback]364065[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Hello. I've been a PHP developer for about 10 months now. The website I help update and maintain is written entirely in prodecural t ype PHP. I know there's nothing wrong with this but from what little I know about object oriented developing I think the site could use a major overhaul and would be easier to maintain if it were written in an object oriented style. The problem is I only know the very basics of object oriented developing. Not enough to rewrite the site or even just a few pages.

So, I'm looking for some suggestions on books that will help me to learn PHP Object Oriented Programming. I have a couple of PHP books but neither of them do more than simply touch on object oriented programming.

My hope is to learn it well enough to rewrite a few, not so critical, pages of our site and show it to my supervisor and see if he'll let me continue on with it.

Thanks
[/quote]

This is a grate start good luck

[a href=\"http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/PHP/OOP/1\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/PHP/OOP/1[/a]

For books goto amazon.

For a cd tutoral goto ebay look for php and loads there.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.