Regex Tool, website for regexp testing

Rithiur

Hey! I have just finished an almost 5 day long coding session and came out with a fancy web based "application" or website (which ever you want to call it :P) for testing regular expressions. Here's the url:

http://rithiur.anthd.com/regex/

I have tested it with Latest IE, Opera, FF and Safari (available to windows) and it seemed to work fine. However, if you find any oddities or problems with it, I would certainly like to know. Comments about whether I'm doing stuff right or wrong are also appreciated.

I know the web page might be slightly intimidating at first, with all the stuff on it, but this is mostly for more efficient usability. You don't need to really touch most of the stuff at first, as everything is inteded to be at default most of the time. (you can also hide the boxes you don't want to see using the "-" next to their title)

To test your regular expressions, just enter a subject in the subject field and your pattern in the pattern field. The whole page is one big form, so it doesn't really matter if you hit "save subject" at first or not.

As for some highlights:

• Supports both PCRE and POSIX.
  • Matches found in the subject are displayed in clear table format.
  • With PCRE, you can highlight the found matches from the original subject (requires javacsript)

For information about what the buttons and different options in the page do, see the link to the manual at the bottom of the page.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.