Admin Login Problem

Quailman

Hi,

I have a really big problem. I recently updated my firefox browser and my cookies get deleted each time I go onto a page. For example, I log into my site and I have to do a separate admin login to enter Forum admin, message admin, module admin etc... However, I have forgotten my password as it was entered ages ago!

Is there any way I can get back into my admin account? I have access to MYSQL and FTP, so is there anything in there that could possibly do to get back into it? Without this access I have no control!

Any help would be much appreciated! Even though I have had this site for about 1 1/2 years I am of relative inexperience as it was set up for me.

Kind Regards,

Ben Foley

Well there are alot of php forums. I have worked with alot of them but will need to know which one you have. You should be able to go into the table and assign yourself a new password, but I need to know which one you use.

Ray

OK if you are using php nuke you have to do a few things.

1. go to a site that will convert your password to the md5 hash. go here [a href=\"http://b-con.us/pages/md5_nojs.php\" target=\"_blank\"]http://b-con.us/pages/md5_nojs.php[/a]
type in the password you want then copy the hash the is returned when you click convert.
2. go to your mysql database and find the table nuke_users.
3. Find the row with your username or do a search for your username.
4. Edit the row, then go to the password field and paste in the password hash you just got.

Please be careful in the tables cause you don't want to change too many things.

Ray

Ok, so I've done the hash thing and have the code.. I am looking at browse in the nuke_users table, but now I have another problem...

You see both my admin account and actual account appear to be separate. Think the capitals are the difference, for example, Quailman (is my user account - am looking at that now) and quailman is my admin account. Even though I still have admin powers with my user account (Quailman) and so I can moderate the forum etc... I can't actually access the admin section. So what I am getting at is, if I change the password to the Quailman I can see in the nuke_user table, that would probably just change the password for my user account which I know already.

Do you understand what I am saying? So, if this is the case, then how would I edit the password for my 'actual' main admin account (quailman)?

I know exactly what you are saying. You will have 2 accounts in the table. if you scroll through the fields you will see one for user level. I believe 1 is a regular user and 2 is an admin. Just look for the account with the 2 in it.

No, there isn't two accounts. The one I see is an admin as I set it, but not a full admin for some reason, I can't access the main admin options and I can only moderate the forums. I can't see the one where I need to log in at the /admin.php page which has full access.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.