[SOLVED] how to make my jobs easier n smooth?

zgkhoo

hi,

may i know how to make my php programming simple ,easier and smooth?

currently i just directly coding, and i feel it make me hard to coding without any planning and design at the initial.

wat things/jobs need to design before coding aim to make coding easier and bugless?

flow chart?

database structure design?

interface design?

and is it any software to do those design?

thanks..

Plan what you're doing ahead of time, and revise code that you've already done to see if there's a more clear way to implement it.

Planning may involve actually writing something down in a flow chart, jotting down quick notes on a scrap piece of paper, or just simply thinking about it.

Can you give a brief description of what you want your program to do?

wat i meant was currently i coding..but i feel my jobs is slow and not planning at all ..thats make me hard to coding ..

and wanna know at the initial stage need perform wat planning task..aim to make my coding jobs , fast, easier,simple..and so on..

thanks...

As my late father-in-law (a cabinet maker) told me "Measure twice and cut once".

The same applies to programming. Think at least twice about what you want to do before going anywhere near a keyboard.

I know that there are LOTS of fancy tools to supposidely help with system design but there is not much to beat a pencil and paper and a well applied brain. In other words do not go anywhere near a computer until you have a clear image in your head of what you want to do.

No disrespect intended, but that quote has been around for a long time. It is especially common in carpenter/wood working circles where they literally mean "measure trice" and "cut once", but the quote in general is one that can naturally be applied to lots of things.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.