session tracking

debcous

hi...just looking for some help in setting up session tracking to work on my website. At the moment if someone enters the URL for a logged in page they have full access to the page, i would like for them to be redirected to the main page and asked to login before accessing the login page. Any ideas on how i would do this??

[!--quoteo(post=364347:date=Apr 13 2006, 11:37 AM:name=debcous)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(debcous @ Apr 13 2006, 11:37 AM) [snapback]364347[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
hi...just looking for some help in setting up session tracking to work on my website. At the moment if someone enters the URL for a logged in page they have full access to the page, i would like for them to be redirected to the main page and asked to login before accessing the login page. Any ideas on how i would do this??
[/quote]

what exactly do you mean is it that you want ppl to be made to login if they dont have access or is it something else?

[!--quoteo(post=364375:date=Apr 13 2006, 07:48 AM:name=predator12341)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(predator12341 @ Apr 13 2006, 07:48 AM) [snapback]364375[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
what exactly do you mean is it that you want ppl to be made to login if they dont have access or is it something else?
[/quote]

There are sections of my site that are only to be accessed by members who are logged in. At the moment though if you copy and paste the url from an area where someone is logged in, and paste it into another browser you can access the logged in area without actually logging in. I want the user to be directed to my login screen if they try to visit an area which they should have logged in to access

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.