php and drop down menus

westmich

Hi, I have a question about PHP and drop down menus. Should I be using PHP for my drop down menus or should I be using java script? I have a whole contact form that is programmed in PHP, but I have never done a drop down menu with PHP, is this possible? If anyone knows of any great drop down menu tutorials in PHP I'd greatly appreciate them shouting it out to me. Thanks! :)

[!--quoteo(post=364754:date=Apr 14 2006, 06:40 AM:name=michelle w.)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(michelle w. @ Apr 14 2006, 06:40 AM) [snapback]364754[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Hi, I have a question about PHP and drop down menus. Should I be using PHP for my drop down menus or should I be using java script? I have a whole contact form that is programmed in PHP, but I have never done a drop down menu with PHP, is this possible? If anyone knows of any great drop down menu tutorials in PHP I'd greatly appreciate them shouting it out to me. Thanks! :)
[/quote]

PHP or JS depends on what exactly you want to do with the menus. PHP can pull data from a database and generate menus dynamically. JavaScript menus are more concerned with the appearance. You could use both PHP and JavaScript to write dynamic and great looking drop down menus.

Thanks for replying to me, you helped out a bit. But here is what I am trying to do with my pull down menu. I created the pull down with just the regular dreamweaver application button. What I want to happen is that when someone goes to this site that fill out the contact page and pick an option from the pull down and then when they hit submit it will email along with the rest of the info they filled out. Now, I can get all of the info to email but I have never put a pull down menu inside of php, so I was wondering how to go about that. Is it the same as a checkbox inside of php? I mean, is it the same as programming a check box inside of PHP?

• 1 year later...
hi..i also have a same problem

how can i use drop-down menus to link to the database? i`m using sybase database..and some Javascript

can i put the value in the option. for example :

<select name="select1" class="Content_Listing" onChange="MM_jumpMenuTest('_blank',this,0)">

<option selected>Reports</option>
          <option>-----------USERS------------</option>
          <option value ="serviceprocess.php>List of services subscribed (Detail)</option>
          <option>List of services subscribed (Summary)</option></select>

is it possible for me to create other page to be connected to database?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.