Community Website Redesign

Vex

Hi!

I've had this site for around 3 years, and yet again I've rebuilt it from scratch.

My objective for the design is for it to be attractive, yet simple, and to be able to display data in an organised manner.

So knowing my requirements, what can you suggest?

Thank you very much.

[a href=\"http://www.thevex.net\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.thevex.net[/a]

-Dan

It's bright red, orange, and black. The text tends to be hard to read. The site feels like it's screaming at me "I'm awesome! You should all come to visit me every day!" which it actually does (the google comment). Not to make you feel bad, but this is the first time that I've ever seen a website have an ego.

[!--quoteo(post=364802:date=Apr 14 2006, 03:40 PM:name=moberemk)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(moberemk @ Apr 14 2006, 03:40 PM) [snapback]364802[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
The site feels like it's screaming at me "I'm awesome! You should all come to visit me every day!" which it actually does (the google comment). Not to make you feel bad, but this is the first time that I've ever seen a website have an ego.
[/quote]

In complete honesty, that, in my opinion, is a compliment. So thanks :)

As for the text being hard to read, thanks for the feedback, would you suggest possibly a clean white as a better colour for text? I've changed the majority of hyperlinks to white as that seems to be a better colour for visibility.

Well, at least the URL is fitting.

1) Your content has no padding. It's all smushed up to the edges.

2) The top part (under the banner image) is COMPLETELY random as far as how stuff is laid out.

3) The nav is boring as hell. How bout a hover or rollover effect of ANY kind?

4) Tables for layout... imagine that! Shame on you.

5) The shoutbox sucks... it's hard to read and again... with the no padding... ehh.

6) Your forums are a little boring... the integration into the main site is ok, but the styling is rather lacking.

By the way, are you the only user of the site? Because that's what it seems like. I find it hard to believe that you actually have that many members. Something tells me you have altered the DB.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.