Very important please read and help

Ninjakreborn

I am asking a question here that is major, I want to be a professional web design, coder, programmer, I am at the critical stage in my career where I am learning php and sql. I have standards
1.100% hand coded, and programmed with anythign I do.
2.100% standards compliant and all possible "good practices" that can be followed are followed.
I am running into some questions about php, there is nothing online that explains this in a way that can help, me in order for me to advance, a lot of people say I don't need to know this, or it's useless but if it was useless It wouldn't be there. If you can't answer this please don't respond, because I need a specific answer or it won't help, I have a url of my website here, to a page, that uses the phpinfo function, it extracts all the info from my server, I want someone who can look at this, and create an answer in return, that has the name of each one of those, and an explanation of what that option does, what it's for, or both, I know this is a lot but it's a critical step in my learning.
[a href=\"http://www.freelancebusinessman.com/info.php\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.freelancebusinessman.com/info.php[/a]
I really need this if you can't help that's fine, but if you can it would be greatly appreciated, I just need like each title listed like
system-comments from you about it to help me understand it's use and purpose better
build date-comments again
configure command- same
so on and so forth I know this is alot but this is important, before I dig too much deeper.

That's all you want?????

Google and php.net have all your answers. I doubt that anybody here is going to spend the time to do for you what you can do for yourself so easily. If you have [i]a few specific questions[/i], ask them.

I'm a little confused here. Do you want to know what System, Build Date, Configure command, Server API etc means when you use phpinfo?

If so that is pretty much straight forward, I'll list a few here.

System means the system or server that PHP is running off in your case the server is a Linux OS and appears to be running off box number 86 from bluehost.com. Basically the System box is just holds information about the system it is running of. This you dont need to know about when you are programming in PHP, as PHP can run on any OS/server.

The next one is build date. This means the date that your version of PHP was comiled (setup) on the server.

Now the important part. The Config Command. This is only used on Operating Systems such as *unix and Macs. This is done when users setup PHP on an OS other than Windows. Users need to compile PHP with all the extension/features they would like in their setup of PHP. There are many possible configurations you can compile PHP with.

The next part Server API (Application Programming Interface). PHP can run in two different API - CGI or an Apache Module. Again nothing you need to worry about here as both have the same features.

As AndyB said above you can get more information about the phpinfo file by going to php.net and reading the fine manual which is virtually fool proof.

The rest of the infor phpinfo returns can found by reading through purl=http://uk.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.expose-php]Description of core php.ini directives[/url].

The main things you shoud look out for when coding in PHP is whether say it has MySQL support if you are going to be using a MySQL Database to store login information for example. Or whether [a href=\"http://uk.php.net/register_globals\" target=\"_blank\"]regsiter_gloabls[/a] is set to on or off.

If I learn sql, i was told that would basically totally teach me postgresql and mysql, and all the others, I was told sql will allow me to easily understand all of these, and I need mysql to run with php they work best together the manual said, what do you suggest, and thanks.

MySQL, MSSQL, PostegreSQL are all different versions of SQL. SQL is the main langauge used in any database. So yeah if you learn SQL you should be able to to use any other database, however some databases may have different SQL syntax compared to others.

I can't really tell you which database to go with as I have only developed with one database which is MySQL. MySQL is the most common database used by webhosts.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.