Try out our website!

verdrm

Could everyone try out or better yet use our new online document editor, EverythingThere.com and then give me a little review below? It's a nice way to work on documents online without having to keep an account, and you can invite others to collaborate on documents.

Uh...huh. The visual asthetic is clean enough, if sparing; but your site itself has problems. New account creation is a long, dull process which takes way too long to do overall. I mean, a log-in page after creating an account? That's just plain annoying to the end user. And then, when I finally get to the editor page, it's a TinyMCE textfield with some extra options on the page. Not a full-featured advanced version, just the very basic editor. Aside from the collaboration features, this is really a waste; at least use the full version with all the formatting options, if not your own editor!

From your "Create Account"

Click the button below to automatically create a Group ID. All Group IDs will be deleted after 30 days of use.

Does this mean that you will delete my account even if it's active after 30 days? I don't think thats what you want to do...or intended to say.

See, this is more the aesthetic that I think you should have gone for in the first place. The new home page is a lot nicer looking then the original one, although it seems to have some visual glitches in Firefox, and the makeover doesn't extend to the editor or the sign up pages. I still think that the creation process is too long; at one part, after you create the group ID you hit another page where you enter the group ID and press another button; while it is automatically filled in, it shouldn't be necessary.. I don't get the "Why to use EverythingThere" column though-there isn't much of a link between that and the column contents. Shouldn't there be some kind of list there?

Finally, the editor itself is like I said, still incredibly plain and you should look in to both creating a WYSIWYG editor of advanced functionality and creating a nicer-looking interface.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.