• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mister_t101

mister_t101
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:26 AM

Is there a way to create a shopping cart by just using sessions, not a database? I'm a newbie, and don't want to have to worry about managing a MySQL database at this point. I don't need to for this project, anyway. I have my "shopping list" in an array, and can't figure out how to manage the cart (delete items, etc). If anyone knows of any tutorials, I'd be grateful.

#2 massive

massive
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:58 PM

[!--quoteo(post=365210:date=Apr 15 2006, 09:26 PM:name=mister_t101)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(mister_t101 @ Apr 15 2006, 09:26 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Is there a way to create a shopping cart by just using sessions, not a database? I'm a newbie, and don't want to have to worry about managing a MySQL database at this point. I don't need to for this project, anyway. I have my "shopping list" in an array, and can't figure out how to manage the cart (delete items, etc). If anyone knows of any tutorials, I'd be grateful.
[/quote]

Hello mister_t101, well i can't give a site for your Session - Based Shopping Cart...but i have a book that has this kind of project a session - based shopping cart...well if you have time to go to your local bookstores heres the title and author of the book you'll get a tutorial there in creating you shopping cart :)

"How to Do Everything with PHP & MySQL"
written by: Vikram Vaswani

Hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users