not far from the truth

jcombs_31

Wow are there actually some employers THAT retarded? I'm definitely going to have to find a way to make money working for myself ^^ I'd never be able to stand idiots like that.

Even if you do work freelance then you'll still need some clients who in the end will have the final word.

I'm not sure how to explain something like this sorry. I thought it was pretty common.

Like making a program yourself and then making it for sell.. or a website with a subscription (or Adsense?).

While this is probably the most difficult way to make money in this arena, those who succeed usually succeed beyond their wildest dreams.

I read an interview that Wired magazine did with the creators of a very popular web comic, and while they didn't get any numbers straight from the guys, Wired estimated their annual income at over 1,000,000 USD. They draw comics, three or four a week, sell merchandise, and sell advertising space. They're millionaires from publishing a simple three-panel comic strip for half of the week and giving their personal opinions in their blog. They don't cater to the readers, they can write and draw what they want, and if the reader doesn't like it, too bad - thousands of other people do. :) They have the good fortune to have a job where the customers don't dictate the final product, and they love it anyway.

If you can find something that you love to do, and then find a way to share that with people, you'll have an excellent chance at being successful. It's absolutely essential that you love to do it, though - you're not likely to be a smash hit instantly, so there will probably be a significant amount of time before you can even make a little money from it. With a little luck you'll even get a cult following. :)

I've been wanting to give something back to the internet community-at-large for some time now, but I can't think of any service that I can provide just yet. :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.