How would you go about doing a php hook system?

Demonic

I've been researching on google for some time now, I found 1 out of a thousand results for php auto updater which was useful for one of my projects, now I'm looking for a hook system for plugins and what not.  Does anyone know how to make a basic PHP -> XML plugin hook system?

From that short description, I'm not really sure what you're talking about ..

PS:  I know what PHP, XML, plugin and hook mean, I'm just not sure how you intend to put them together :)

Have you heard of um..vBulletin.  They created a custom Plugin Hook System for custom mods etc..same goes with phpBB 3 and smf..

I think your question is far too general.  There are just too many ways to implement such an idea.

I suggest you do one of the following

1.  Start implementing using whatever ideas you have now, and see what problems you come across.  Then post back here asking for advice on specific problems.

2.  Keep learning more about php.  Once you are more experienced, this task will not seem so big.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.