very important to me please read

Ninjakreborn

ok my first major project will be underway in 3 weeks. I wanted some advice here if possible.
I already know css, Xhtml, javascript(a bit atleast).
and a lot of other skills relating to web design in general. Someone wants a clone basically of
www.autotrader.com
but they are going to be a rival of autotrader. I am building it with php as server side, xhtml, css, some javascript, sql(mysql).
Now I already know some I have to better my javascript, learn php, sql, mysql(variation) and general databasing.
and better website content writing, overall website layout, graphic design(logo's banners, picture manipulation, and more with photoshop I have coming in about a week and a half the newest version.
On top of that for my new career, I have had dreamweaver mx2004 for a long time, and rebuilt my own business website 4 times. Rebuilding it again after I learn php and sql, but I have order studio 8. This will me a lot as well, is there anythign else I need to study, learn, or do, before I start tackling my first, big portfolio project, for only 300 I might add, but it's basically "charity work" he doesn't have much money. It's
www.autotrader.com and what I am building is something like autorid, is the name of what he wants done later or something, any advice ideas on this.

my only suggestion would be to not load to much onto yourself. Id say the perfect the mix for web design for me is HTML/CSS/PHP/MySQL. I know nothing about javascript or any other scripting languages but the named 4 work perfectly for me and I've done some pretty good stuff within the past few months. I would recommend starting small. Yes, smaller than a clone of a fully functional large site. It will be worth it in the long run

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.