concurrent access

ju8ular1

im testing a fairly big php application (adodb abstration with no transactions), and iv been asked to comment on performance issues with regards to concurrent access.

do u know of any good resources where i can get my hands dirty on this?

i guess a php app would follow same testing principles like with any other web app: session handling/control/security; authentication/validation; functional specs

even better, does anyone know of a load testing framework for php? im pretty new to php and therefore thought id post here

thanks

There are no limitations to what PHP can do. It's powers, nearly rival those of Chuck Norris', lacking only in the "roundhouse kick to the esophagus" department. A very wiseman even said once, that world hunger can be cured by running a simple PHP script for it. Noone has done it to this day, though. Earth isn't running a MySQL server.

Good luck on your quest young squire.

[!--sizeo:1--][span style=\"font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--][!--coloro:#999999--][span style=\"color:#999999\"][!--/coloro--]*Sorry, just had to.[!--colorc--][/span][!--/colorc--][!--sizec--][/span][!--/sizec--]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.