Wicked Cool App

ober

For those of you who haven't found this yet, or haven't used it since Google bought it, you really need to check this out:

[a href=\"http://picasa.google.com/\" target=\"_blank\"]Picasa[/a]

Warning: it has an "auto-find" feature that will turn up damn near every picture and "movie" you might have laying around on your computer. I suggest not opening it in front of others if you have *ahem* questionable material on your PC.

EDIT: My only complaint is that resizing the pic requires exporting the image... there is no "live" resizing capability.

[!--quoteo(post=366099:date=Apr 18 2006, 01:52 PM:name=ober)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ober @ Apr 18 2006, 01:52 PM) [snapback]366099[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
For those of you who haven't found this yet, or haven't used it since Google bought it, you really need to check this out:

[a href=\"http://picasa.google.com/\" target=\"_blank\"]Picasa[/a]

Warning: it has an "auto-find" feature that will turn up damn near every picture and "movie" you might have laying around on your computer. I suggest not opening it in front of others if you have *ahem* questionable material on your PC.

EDIT: My only complaint is that resizing the pic requires exporting the image... there is no "live" resizing capability.
[/quote]

I hadn't seen that one before. I'm confused why it does so much and still remains free?
I mean, surely it's not the 49.00 USD ACDSEE (www.acdsee.com) but it seems to do quite a bit.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.