New To PHP

nusret

Hey guys, I'm just writing this post to seek some help, im very new to php.. I'm wanting to know what steps should I take in order to learn php from the bottom up, where do i find a tutorial that will help me learn this, and I'm only 15 so I'm wondering If I can make a living programming with php, thanks.

The manual would be a good place to start, it can be found at php.net although I normally find it best to just use it as a reference when looking up functions. If your totaly new to PHP, and scripting / programming as a whole, I would suggest you buy a book on PHP and possibly MySQL - Numerous books teach both of them.

If you are familiar with another language, you may find you can just read the manual and pick up the syntax et al pretty easily as the ideas and fundimentals are pretty much the same as other languages.

As for making a living from PHP, I'd say it is possible, but you'll find it a lot easier if you know a selection of web technologies, HTML and CSS would be a good start. Once your comfortable with HTML, CSS, PHP and MySQL it might pay off to learn some JavaScript and then transition into some Ajax would be smooth I'd assume - I only know basic JavaScript, learning the intimediate to advanced stuff at the moment...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.