your most weird obsession or weird thing about you?

kellz

I started this in the "Christmas Season" topic.. anyhoo What is your most weird obsession like a strange collection of something or anything weird about you.. here are some weird thing's about me, get ready!

1: Collect bottle tops

2: Used to make myself sick to get thin (i know it was stupid! )

3: Make beeping noises when something reverses  :P

4: play with the TV color buttons so I could watch green people :-\  (I've grown out of that one)

That's all.. share your freakish secrets!  :P

• I hate stickers. If there's a sticker on something, I peel it off, usually subconsciously. I have to use considerable self-constraint when I go grocery shopping, to make sure that I don't take the stickers off of everything I put into the cart. (Slight exaggeration.)
  • I wear moccasins at every opportunity. I've always owned at least one pair of moccasins ever since I was about eight years old (almost 12 years), and I have grown so accustomed to them that if I wear shoes for an extended period of time (more than a few hours), I get so uncomfortable that I get a bit nauseous.
  • I can never wear any less than two shirts. On a similar subject, I have dozens of t-shirts, and none of them are store-bought. They're all freebies from events I participated in.
  • I think this is actually pretty common: I like to make things line up, or be separated evenly. As I'm walking, I try to place my toes/heels exactly on the cracks in the sidewalk, or I try to space my steps out so that the cracks in the sidewalk are exactly between the foot in front and the foot in back. In the case of the latter, I also use my steps to split the sidewalk into three pieces of equal length. If I'm sitting idly, I move my head and eyes so things line up - the edge of a window with the corner of a building outside, for example.

I think this is actually pretty common: I like to make things line up, or be separated evenly. As I'm walking, I try to place my toes/heels exactly on the cracks in the sidewalk, or I try to space my steps out so that the cracks in the sidewalk are exactly between the foot in front and the foot in back. In the case of the latter, I also use my steps to split the sidewalk into three pieces of equal length. If I'm sitting idly, I move my head and eyes so things line up - the edge of a window with the corner of a building outside, for example.

I do that on occasion, mostly when I was in school and bored, not so much now.

I'm a "germy" person.  I don't share food or drinks with anyone other than my fiance and I give her Hell whenever she does it with anyone else, mostly her sisters.  My typical quote is, "I don't need your sisters herpes."  (No, neither of her sisters have herpes, AFAIK anyways.)

In public restrooms I try to touch as little as possible, some of them I won't use at all.  I get annoyed whenever the door is one that I have to pull rather than push, because it means I have to touch it with my hand.  If I do have to open the door with my hand, I'll use paper towel on the handle and hold it open with my foot while I throw the paper towel away.  If there isn't a trash near the door I usually think, "What idiot designed the bathroom?"

I'm not a total germ freak though.  I clean the litter box at home and occasionally have to clean the bathroom at the karate dojo I train at.  I just get really particular about certain places.

I think this is actually pretty common: I like to make things line up, or be separated evenly. As I'm walking, I try to place my toes/heels exactly on the cracks in the sidewalk, or I try to space my steps out so that the cracks in the sidewalk are exactly between the foot in front and the foot in back. In the case of the latter, I also use my steps to split the sidewalk into three pieces of equal length. If I'm sitting idly, I move my head and eyes so things line up - the edge of a window with the corner of a building outside, for example.

Yep, I do that one too...maybe not as extreme though.

Every once in a while one of my eyes will feel heavier than the other, so I will have to blink a few times putting more emphasis on the "lighter" eye to make both eyes feel equal. I don't do this much anymore, but I used to do it all the time.

• I'm a fan of video game music.  I own the soundtracks to Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, and Xenogears (I'm a big Yasunori Mitsuda fan).  I sometimes put music from the Guilty Gear fighting games on my MySpace.  The Black Mages -- Nobuo Uematsu's (the guy that's done most of the Final Fantasy music) own heavy metal band -- is awesome.
  • I used to be into pen & paper roll-playing games.  My first was one from TSR (the company behind Dungeons and Dragons in the 80's and 90's) called Star Frontiers.  I used to play it a lot with my brothers when I was a small kid.  The Blackwater debacle in Iraq sounds like a Shadowrun mission.
  • I'm 27, and I still enjoy some anime.  Not that Naruto-esque crap, but the good stuff.  Evangelion, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Beebop, etc.  I watch more Anime Network than 'normal' network television.
  • I obsess a bit when it comes to smoking/smokers.  I hate smoking.  I get kind of like roopurt above when it comes to smokers -- don't touch things that I might eat/drink.  And just because you can't smell it on you, it doesn't mean that I can't.
  • I'm a bit weird when it comes to efficiency.  I hate it when people (most notably my co-workers) half-ass it through projects.  Either do it right, the first time, or don't do it at all.  None of this "It's good enough" crap.  I'm a perfectionist by nature.  When I set about doing something, I work my tail off to see it done to the best of my ability, even if that means taking a bit of extra time.  I'd rather use extra time upfront than waste it later when things inevitably go wrong because the project was rushed.

So, yeah...there you go.

i guess im the weirdest in this  forum.. believe it not like it or not hmm... if not for my parents and my brother

I LOVE TO DIE  but i believe its wrong and its against GODs will so I have to leave accordingly ..

I JUST feel like life is full of pain and suffering hmm life is so unfair..

>I hate seeing Americans/America and other rich country they remind me how  unfair life is imagine rich people eating more than 3 times a day while other people do stupid crime just to eat even one times a day..

imagine ruport dont wanna touch anything that will give him dirt while someones need to touch dirt and leave with dirt and germs to leave imagine seeing people eting with dogs,cats, flies and eating with their bare hand full of dirtzz

>i hate seeing saints statue (bible says so)

>I'm afraid of  saints statue  (during my child hood i thought i saw one of the saints smile at me)

>I hate video games (i find games like that for nerdz)

>I'm always hunting ghost I still dont know if they really exist I pray,wish, hope to see even one ghost nahh but i guess that will not happen they are not true bad why cant i see even one *sigh*

What is your most weird obsession
I keep track of my PHP page load times down microsecond, and will go way out of my way to save a few hundred microseconds.

>_>;

The really sad part is the time it takes for my PHP scripts to compile is usually over 500 times longer then it takes to run.

I guess I have to much time on my hands..

i guess im the weirdest in this  forum.. believe it not like it or not hmm... if not for my parents and my brother

I LOVE TO DIE  but i believe its wrong and its against GODs will so I have to leave accordingly ..

I JUST feel like life is full of pain and suffering hmm life is so unfair..

If you're having suicidal thoughts, you should see a mental health professional immediately.  It's best to find the cause of those thoughts, and attempt to find a healthy remedy, rather than maintain the status quo and deal with the thoughts on a day-to-day basis.

You're right in that the world is unfair in many ways.  Instead on dwelling on the negativity, try to help.  Are there any charities in your area of the world that you can get involved with?  You won't change the world, but you'll help some people, which is better than not doing anything at all.

• I'm TERRIFIED of big ships. When I see one, I have an overpowering need to drop to my hands & knees.
  • When someone puts a towel in their mouth, it makes me wanna vomit. In fact, just writing it makes me wanna vomit.
  • I pick my nails to the point that they practically don't exist.
  • If I am in the middle of a coding project, I turn into a complete zombie, much to the annoyance of my girlfriend. Just general zombie-like behaviour, nothing too out there - unresponsive to general conversation, motor functions slower than normal, flesh-eating tendencies.. you know how it goes.
  • (Not so much an obsession than an allergy) - if I manage to ingest calamari, my head swells up like a big purple football and I look like I've been very badly beaten up.

Quite the catch, me. Quite the catch.

..if I hadn't taken the coding job on that massive calamari fishing ship where the only food is towels, I wouldn't be *half* as interesting as I am today.

• I suffer from road rage often, have followed and tried to fight people
  • I save money like I'm broke, but spend it like I'm rich

You say that as if road rage is a disease and you can't help it...you should really get into a anger management class if you really can't control yourself.

Agreed.

I too would recommend fixing your road rage habit; as suggested I would look into anger management as I doubt being cut off on the road is the real source of your anger.  More likely its just a trigger for deeper aggression.  Anyways, you'd be surprised how quickly your life could change during the 3 seconds you get into a fight with someone.

I know of at least one person who followed someone after a road incident with the intention of starting a fight and had a gun pulled on them.

I know at least two dozen people who will do anything they can to avoid a fight, but if needed wouldn't think twice at breaking your knee, elbow, and knocking your jaw right off your head to defend themselves or their families.

Food for thought.

• I can never wear any less than two shirts.

I'm the same way.  I have to wear a white t-shirt under any shirt.  Doesn't matter what type of shirt it is.  I can't wear wife beaters. Has to be t-shirts.

• I think this is actually pretty common: I like to make things line up, or be separated evenly. As I'm walking, I try to place my toes/heels exactly on the cracks in the sidewalk, or I try to space my steps out so that the cracks in the sidewalk are exactly between the foot in front and the foot in back. In the case of the latter, I also use my steps to split the sidewalk into three pieces of equal length. If I'm sitting idly, I move my head and eyes so things line up - the edge of a window with the corner of a building outside, for example.

I'm somewhat like this but that's when I'm bored and start wondering while I'm walking.  Like I pay attention to these things more than usual.  Not sure why.

Sometimes when I'm thinking or wondering I start pulling my chin hair.  Just pull it and let it go repeatedly.

Just thought of one, although I'm not sure this falls more under the obsession or just trying to stay in practice category.

I continuously test and ensure my ability to strike objects with the appropriate part of my body; mostly this is because I'm involved in karate.  There are many correct ways to strike an object with your first, elbow, knee, foot, etc. and I try to make sure they come naturally.

There is surely no better way to look like an ass than to train in martial arts for several years, find the need to defend yourself, and then break your own thumb because you didn't tuck it away properly while making a fist and snagged it on the other person's body or clothing.

kellz Your so cool with your awesome posts. Anyways my wierdest traits? Hmm... One sec.

Okay here i go:

I am an airplane freak. I have blueprnts from almost every airplane in the world. Even the Beech Model 18 Blueprints. Ask me a question about airplanes and i'll know. Im getting my pilots licence in 3 months so training for my PPL is calming me down a bit with my obsesion. I live to fly. NDB's ILS's VOR's IFROTT's Thats what lifes all about. Because up in the air anything is possible!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.