swfobject problems in Firefox?

Azu

Hello

I've been using 64bit Firefox so I haven't been testing anything flash related on my site in Firefox (since there is no 64bit flash) but someone told me they are using Firefox and it isn't working for them.. so I downloaded 32bit Firefox and sure enough it isn't working.. and I can't get it to work no matter what I try x_x

It works in Opera and Internet Explorer, but doesn't show up at all in Firefox?

Here's an example page; http://freethepenguins.com/pid=982

If anybody could tell me why it isn't working in Firefox or how I can make it work in Firefox I would very greatly appreciate it! I'm completely stumped right now.

I even tried reverting back to flash satay but that doesn't fix it either.. (made the player show up but wouldn't play no matter what)

x_x please help.. I really really really can't stand part of my site not working in Firefox.. it's flat out morally wrong :(

I've tried it with FLVs from veoh, from youtube, and even direct links to .MP3s.. all working in Opera and IE but it won't show up in Firefox at all ;-;

Hmm.. if I send my XHTML site with a plain html header instead of XHTML, it works it Firefox..

Opera has an XHTML parser, and it loads it fine with I give it an XHTML header. So why won't Firefox display it when I give it an XHTML header?

And how can I get around this problem? Telling IE that it's plain html is fine, since IE is going to suck no matter what I do.

But I want Firefox to be able to parse it as XHTML.

So how do I get it work in Firefox as XHTML? Please help..

I'll set it to html in the mean time, but I want to get fixed ASAP. Sending XHTML as html = bad!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.