Please review My site... :)

jos.

Yeah not to good not too bad  ;D.

Things i didn't like

The banner

Left side looks good with the menu covering it little bit. The image in the center I didn't like at all and it is crossed with a line just looks like it is split into 2 pieces.

And in the right side that Jos Inside and that head peeping it is pretty cool but I think it is too much near the border.

That drop shadow below the banner looks ugly (there is some kinda effect on that banner bottom, i think that is making it look ugly)

There is nothing more I can see except that two poles  ;D makes me feel like "Welcome to the Dungeon" .

Did I say too much  :P

Anyway that is just what I thought.

Ok... Thanks guys! I  have made the following revisions:

No more "ugly" "effects" or drop shadows,

I got rid of the "dungeon" poles

Fixed the "Home nav bar cover up" at lower resolutions..

I kept the center image because, well... I like it. I needed something abstract but not too detailed and the render graphics I had made didnt look too professional.

Added some background graphics to separate the info and break up the page a little

:(( I still need to add a bottom graphic to signify the end of the page... )):

Also, I think that the body is plain and dull and am more then open to any opinions, thoughts, or ideas.

Thank you to whom ever spares their time.

Jos.

It just doesn't seem very consistent is all. Below the header, you have some funky clamshell patterns, and there's this one weird glass-like effect at the top, and then there's this little guy peeking out of the corner... it just looks mish-mashed together almost randomly. This does demonstrate some solid graphics design ability, but your graphics are just all over the map in terms of style.

Thanks Moberemk!

I agree... the styles are quite mismatched. I am trying to find a middle ground and stick with that "theme" but I keep getting new ideas so it gets a little hard and I end up constantly recoding everything meh.. se la vi <-sp?

I got rid of the guy... I think I will save him for the graphics display page... he will fit in there... and I am planning on taking care of the "clams" lol they do look like crap... I would like to have some graphic there just not too sure what yet...

I guess I am just waiting for direction to slap me in the face and call me cssSally

Thanks for your opinions

Jos.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I have been working on my site and would like some feedback to know if I am still going in the right direction... Only three pages are up the rest are temps.. the ones that are open are the homepage, Web design, and contact.

Any and all thoughts and opinions are welcome ....criticism only enhances growth.

http://www.josscript.com

Thanks to all who have helped so far and to those who will in advance.

Jos.

• 2 weeks later...

the lack of an <acronym> tag does not make the a "non-compliant" it just means that I have not used every available option in my incomplete site.

Thank you for pointing that out but, I was looking more for criticism on the Layout, Look and Feel.

Jos.

really good. There are a few things I would like to point out.

FAQ - shouldn't have the two question marks - it confuses me. Is it spanish? hola!

In the main text you bolded some text to emphasize them, but you bolded too many words and it's confusing! And I'm even more confused one some of those words are links and others aren't. Maybe you can have a different colors for those that are links?

I know that Only the design bold text is linked but that is the only one that I have content to link it too... You are right though i think that the weight is a little strong I will tone it down..

I was hoping to have them all links to the relevant content negating the need for <abbr> and <acronym> tags but It does look a little off. so do you think that I should exclude the idea or just tone the emphasis down a little?

The FAQ .... yeah that is Spanish. The double question mark is my favorite part of the language... I guess it is just the redundancy of it that amuses me lol.  ;D Although your are right again I will remove it as it could be seen as confusing.

Thank you for your opinions.:)

Jos.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.