Includes / Includes Folder CHMOD #?

sKunKbad

I have a folder to put my includes in. I have been using CHMOD setting 001 on that folder, and the actual includes are set to 644. I was just playing around with the CHMOD permissions and came up with those numbers for the folder, because it was the minimum required to keep things working right. Do those numbers sound normal? I was protecting via .htaccess, but after moving files above root, I was no longer able to use an .htaccess file. What do you think about CHMOD compared to .htaccess? Am I safe with this 001 folder and 644 include?

Unless you are trading government secrets, you shouldn't be so paranoid in regards to permissions. As long as you keep a backup of your files & database, and make sure the directories or files are not writeable(Unless needed), there should be no problem.

Anyway, setting it to 755, should be fine.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.