Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ninjakreborn

advice

here's the thing, I have been studying awhile now. I have been looking through functions, variables, and a host of other basic, and intermediate programming stuff, now I saw a look at a tutorial on math functions, please tell me I don't need all this to program, or should I take it slow on this part and pick it up as I work through the programming.
I will download some scripts and play with them some and learn too taht way, I am about ready to move onto that step, the mathematical functions are on
[a href=\"http://www.hudzilla.org/phpbook/read.php/4_0_0\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.hudzilla.org/phpbook/read.php/4_0_0[/a]
I will still study arrays, and objects, after that, I haven't gotten into these yet, so far what it looks liek I still have to go over is
arrays and objects, then hopefully I can start getting the hang of messing around with forms and php together, I am following the tutorial in order, is there anything I can do, or do I need to go over the mathematical functions very very slowely, and master all aspects of that before I move onto the chapters after htat. Some of these got so deep so fast, I had to stop and turn around and just go over it without messing with it much, or will all of these "littler" aspects come into place once I get to the parts about pulling "all" the php programming concepts as a whole and start writing my own major scripts that actual do something. Also how much do I need ot learn before I can sit down, and create a fully function forum from scratch using php and sql, by the way I don't know sql, I still have to learn that and it's mysql variation, I did an 80 hour week last week, and start again this week, are there any basic concepts I don't already know that I need to lookinto now before I get too much deeper into the sections I am getting into, and in your opinion by the time I get to the end of the book, will I be able to start freewriting my own scripts(with)refrences to the manual and others of course.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.