php in java script or another way to correct my issue

predator12341

right i have this code below and what it does is if the ok button is pressed on the java pop up it should carry out the code but i dont no how to do this

if($TimeVisit < $CoverTimeStart || $TimeVisit > $CoverTimeFinish || $TodayDay < 01 || $TodayDay > 05)
{
echo "<script Language=Javascript> var Message = 'This job is a chargable visit because the customer does not have maintenance cover. If you wish to continue click ok.'
if (! confirm (Message))
{
location.href='../Calendar.php'
}

what i need to find out is how i can see if the ok button is pressed in this java script bit so i can carry out the correct code (which is of course php)

</script>";
}
else
{
the code here if the if statment is not met

regards
Pred

Use a function like the one below, which can be activated onClick.
Have it redirect you to a php url with ?buttonClicked=true on the URL or something like that. ??

Do you really need to use a javascript alert box? would a splash/holding page with the agree/disagree option not do the trick?

[code]<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
function relocate()
{
window.location = "http://www.yourdomain.com/yourpage.php?action=whatever"
}
//-->
</script>

<a href="#" onClick="relocate();">Whatever, I agree without reading stuff anyway.</a>[/code]

yea but that will not act as me pop up box will it. as what i have is if cancel is clicked it goes back to a different page. however, if ok is clicked and they wat to go ahead with the booking i need it to use this php script (which uses variables declared earlier on so i really want to keep it all in this one page if it is possible)

PS hey again wise wood have a nice weekend. I did lol i got p*ssed out me face a nice way to end the week

echo "<script Language=Javascript> var Message = 'This job is a chargable visit because the customer does not have maintenance cover. If you wish to continue click ok.'
if (! confirm (Message))
{
location.href='../Calendar.php'
}
else
{
from what i can work out i need a way of putting the php in here

}
</script>";

[code]
<script Language=Javascript>
<!--
function predator12341()
{
var location= confirm("This job is a chargable visit because the customer does not have maintenance cover. If you wish to continue click ok.");
if (location== true)
{
   window.location="yourpage.php?clicked=YES";
}
else
{
  window.location="yourpage.php?clicked=NO";
  }
}
//-->
</script>

<a href="#" onClick="predator12341();">Whatever, I agree without reading stuff anyway.</a>
[/code]

Yeah pretty good weekend... painted the living room ceiling and FINALLY got round to upgrading the pc to XP.

PS. ^^^ That should do it.

[!--quoteo(post=366427:date=Apr 19 2006, 03:10 PM:name=wisewood)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(wisewood @ Apr 19 2006, 03:10 PM) [snapback]366427[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
[code]
<script Language=Javascript>
<!--
function predator12341()
{
var location= confirm("This job is a chargable visit because the customer does not have maintenance cover. If you wish to continue click ok.");
if (location== true)
{
   window.location="yourpage.php?clicked=YES";
}
else
{
  window.location="yourpage.php?clicked=NO";
  }
}
//-->
</script>

<a href="#" onClick="predator12341();">Whatever, I agree without reading stuff anyway.</a>
[/code]

Yeah pretty good weekend... painted the living room ceiling and FINALLY got round to upgrading the pc to XP.

PS. ^^^ That should do it.
[/quote]

with the above the var's i currently have on the page will not be passed on (and i dont wanna pass them on through the url or anything is there any way around this or can i do what i am trying to another way in php)

Send me a PM with the details of what you're trying to do and i'll see if i can figure out a way of doing it.
Give me an idea what you want the user to be presented with after they say "Yes" on the form, and i'll see what i can come up with.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.