PHPBB forum help...

Jam-Jam

Ok, I have downloaded phpbb, and extracted the files into my localhost folder in the same order they were in. I opened install.php and went through the procedure of installing a database. When i open up my index.php i get taken to the the same point as i did after the installation. I went into my database and changed the title etc but the links do not work, and in retrospect i dont actually have a forum yet. I was wondering if anyone could help me get the basic forum template operating? I also have a 'skin' that i would like to add to it, but wouldnt know where to start on this. HELP!, please?

i seem to be having another problem though.. i cant check my admin panel, and people cant sign in. this message comes up:

Not Found
The requested URL /phpbb2mysql/login.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Anyone know what this means?..(the file HAS been uploaded) I double and Tripple checked on my FTP.
The file structure is correct also. could something have gone wrong when i uploaded it through my cpanel?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.