adding and removing columns in a data table.

franco

On my site, I have a table that lists statistics from a mySQL database. Since the database has a lot more fields than I can display on a page, I would like to give the user a way of customizing their view of the table. I would like to allow them to add or remove any field in the database. Has anyone else done something like this? Do you know of any examples that could help get me started? I have looked at some AJAX live data grid examples but I haven't seen anything that actually allows you to add or remove columns, just reorder and sort on them.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.
Todd

[!--quoteo(post=366455:date=Apr 19 2006, 11:21 AM:name=Dobakat)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Dobakat @ Apr 19 2006, 11:21 AM) [snapback]366455[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
You want to allow the user to choose which tables to see?
[/quote]

No, all of the data is in one mySQL tabel but has 100+ fields. I would like the user to be able to chose which 10-15 of those fields they can see of each record in the list/grid. It would work similar to pivot tables in Excel.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.