Trouble with WAMP install on Vista.

Hey all,  I just installed WAMP and got the following error.

Server Error in '' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTTP Error 404 - Not Found.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Autodesk EDM Web Server 12.0.123.0

Any advice on how to fix this error in my browser?

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey!

I know this is a very late answer but I have a virus and I get this same message whenever I go to an antivirus website.

The virus still allows me to go on most internet sites, just not antivirus ones. It has also made half of my start bar disappear so I cannot open My Computer or My Documents or Control Panel or anything, and it has slowed my computer down considerably.

The only other website I found with Google with "Autodesk EDM Web Server 12.0.123.0" in it is in Chinese or something and the translation wouldn't work. I'm on Windows XP btw.

If you found you did also have this virus can you tell me what you did about it? Otherwise I'm afraid I don't know what your error message is about.

Thanks

Do you have AutoCad or Autodesk Inventor (or other software form Autodesk) installed.

I noticed that they can now be installed with some 'design vault' feature, which basically is a web server and a mssql server to share your work with others. If you've got it installed, the webserver is working on port 80 thus blocking it for Apache.

Oh shoot I'm a bit out of my depth here. I just joined this site so I could post on this forum and hopefully find out a bit more about the stupid virus on my pc and maybe get rid of it...  ???

I wasn't actually trying to download WAMP although what you're saying could possibly help the original creator of this topic.

Maybe you might know a bit more about viruses than me though and be able to help me with that?

I do have Autodesk installed with the web server. I got it from my mentor on flash drives but it got passed through a bunch of other ppl before me so the virus probably came from one of them.

I think the virus has probably attatched itself tp the web server to get access to my computer and the internet.

This message keeps coming up when I'm on the internet saying:

"ATTENTION! If your computer is infected, you could suffer data loss, erratic PC behaviour, PC freezes and creahes.

Detect and remove viruses before they damage your computer!

XP antivirus will perform a quick and 100% FREE scan of your computer for Viruses, Spyware and Adware.

Do you want to install XP antivirus to scan your computer for malware now? (Recommended)"

I thought it seemed a bit dodgy and then noticed the spelling mistakes and realized it must've been caused by the virus. I clicked cancel but it opened a Firefox window anyway, which I closed immediately. It seems to have been coming up more often lately and like I said, the virus stops me going to any antivirus sites, even if i use a proxy.

Help please! It's driving me crazy  :'(  lol

• 7 months later...

Do you have AutoCad or Autodesk Inventor (or other software form Autodesk) installed.

I noticed that they can now be installed with some 'design vault' feature, which basically is a web server and a mssql server to share your work with others. If you've got it installed, the webserver is working on port 80 thus blocking it for Apache.

i have the same trouble because i installed Inventor and Vault, and tried WAMP EASYPHP but they do not work  :-[ if some one have the solution it will be great  ;)

• 1 month later...

The problem is Autodesk EDM Webserver, to fix (i know this works in XP):

Click Start  ->  Run  -> Type "services.msc" (without inverted commas)  -> Find Autodesk EDM Webserver in the list -> right click and press properties -> change the startup type from Automatic to Disabled -> Click on Stop -> Then click OK and close any opened windows

Once completed left click on the WAMP server icon in your taskbar and click "restart all services" (only if your wamp server is running)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.