Anyone store code / syntax reference in handheld?

kylekwan

Hi,

I'm a newcomer. PHP Freaks is cool. Thanks to all the cool guys that manage and maintaine this site.

Yup, back to the main topic. Handheld is a common things nowaday. It is a personal schedule, reminder and quick reference solution, etc. Therefore, I would like to know if anyone here using handheld, palm or ppc to store code / syntax references for them to access anything.

I am actually looking for references, i.e. ebook, help files, etc that I can put into my palm. Sometimes, like if I got few minutes or in an urgent state to look for a description or example to use the syntax, I can easily access it.

Need you help here. I have tried to "google" and "search" but can't find much info. I need something that is easily accessible via my handheld.

Thanks. :)

hmmm it wouldn't really seem that useful to be honest - it's just one extra device to use when working which would probably only do the job of slowing me down.
i just tend to find it much better to have everything in one central place - at least i know where i'm at then. even my notes and plans are all on computer as i dont even use a pen and paper, for the same reason of keeping everything in one place.

I'm with Mark on this one. I have waaaaaaay to many resources to fit on a handheld and be useful. If I did anything like that I'd probably keep it all on my webserver and access it from there. But I just have a stash on my work PC and on my home PC. I try to keep both as syncronized as I can.

thanks for the info. :)

Coz sometimes I have to wait for transportation and got time for a browse thru. Certainly can't remember all syntax function, even worst i'm new, therefore more reading is useful. Since I have a pda, i tot to utilise it for keeping some reference in it to pass time.

Hope there is someone that are doing what i'm intended of doing :)

[a href=\"http://www.gutenberg.org/howto/pda-howto\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.gutenberg.org/howto/pda-howto[/a]

What you can store and the format needed seems to be device-dependent. At least there's a starting point for you.

[!--quoteo(post=366783:date=Apr 20 2006, 12:55 PM:name=ober)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ober @ Apr 20 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]366783[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I try to keep both as syncronized as I can.
[/quote]
slightly off topic, but how do you go about this? i have a PC for when i'm working properly, and a Mac for when i'm all over the place. i use both for coding the same sites.

thanks pal :)

seems like other than to convert it there aren't any type of existing programming ebook readily made for palm :)

so, i think you guys are right. i think i'm just trying too hard :)

well, hopefully i can get some quick and compact references for spending out my time while waiting instead of carrying the whole "bible thick" reference. lolx

[!--quoteo(post=366939:date=Apr 20 2006, 02:34 PM:name=ober)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ober @ Apr 20 2006, 02:34 PM) [snapback]366939[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Well, all the work that I do gets stored on a webserver somewhere. So I try to keep a mental note of what I change and I just overwrite the files on one pc or the other before I start work.
[/quote]

sometimes I forget when I do this and start working on the older code, then upload it to the server, and realize I just trashed the previous work I did and get pretty pissed off depending on how much it was.

[!--quoteo(post=367159:date=Apr 21 2006, 12:28 PM:name=jcombs_31)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(jcombs_31 @ Apr 21 2006, 12:28 PM) [snapback]367159[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
sometimes I forget when I do this and start working on the older code, then upload it to the server, and realize I just trashed the previous work I did and get pretty pissed off depending on how much it was.
[/quote]

haha yeah that's why i was curious as to how people kept things together and sync'd.

didnt windows use to have a briefcase thing to keep files uptodate? never used it anyway. only way i can think of is using a network drive, but this means keeping your 'server' computer turned on all the time, and hoping the connection never gets lost when working from elsewhere.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.