Sending SMS Thru HTTP

cfemocha

that wouldnt send to a telephone number though, unless your network operator happened to allow it, which i know mine doesnt.

The method used on that thread uses vtext.com, which is a site you can sign up to for sending and receiving free text messages via their website.

Thanks wisewood.

I do not know anything about vtext.com. I saw that in the posters "$to_add" field and just assumed it was the email addy it was going to be sent to. And his comment about using the mail() function in php.

I thought he was just coding it that way considering most cell phone services your mobile phone has an email addy for recieving text messages. Like 5551234567@mycellco.com or something along those lines.

Ah well, good to know anyways!

[!--quoteo(post=366926:date=Apr 20 2006, 06:10 PM:name=Caesar)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Caesar @ Apr 20 2006, 06:10 PM) [snapback]366926[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I have a built in text messaging class built into the CMS I am developing atm.

PM me if you are still having trouble & maybe I can point you in the right direction.
[/quote]

Caesar can you kindly tell me if the sms class you designed is a class that uses free text sending service or is it a paid service with subscription cheers.

I found that theres meny classes up for grabs on sms providers sites, but not yet come accross a free sms service offering the sms class and service as free.

example you dont have to pay for each message you send or buy the cridet in bulk.

The reason for me to no about your class is that i run a dating site and wanted to offer free sms service via free sms provider.

I have gone throw the process off setting up the sms accounts, my idear was that i join 100 free sms services for sending 5 free sms messages a day, That totals me to 500 sms message sending a day free get me.

I then wanted a class to send the messages to the 100 sms providers i joined,
All the providers have the same username and password and then offer those 500 cridets to my users throw a form,
The user can choose what provider they want to use buy selecting via a select box to send there message but i faild due to the fact i didnt have a good enough class or knowaloge to get all the correct postings right.

and i got well spammed crazy from the free sms services i solved that but still stuck,lol my luck

If there is a class that will vertully connect to more then one service to provide sms sending please tell me!

In thory if i had the know how, I could open seval thousand free sms accounts alter the class to send the messages and then charge the user and become a sms buissiness grate!

cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
There is a macos widget that emulates a form post to [a href=\"http://www.vazu.com\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.vazu.com[/a] -- it's supposed to be free (and legal) to do so. I'm sure onsey twosey wouldn't be a problem, but if you're planning on doing some mass mailing, you might have to check.

I'm doing a SMS kind of thing right now using a specific provider. I found the "send text message to phone" on the provider's website and emulate a form post to them. Works wonderfully (but again, It's just onesy twosey -- nothing on a large scale). If I were to use it for mass distribution, I'd probably get blocked.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.