Web Forms 2.0

ober

[a href=\"http://olav.dk/wf2/demo/default.asp\" target=\"_blank\"]http://olav.dk/wf2/demo/default.asp[/a]

Awesome demo. I've been hearing a lot about this, and I'm curious about what you need to run it. It's built for IE, but I think it should work in FF and the beta release of Opera 9 (put out in the past few days) supports it as well.

Is anyone using this stuff? It's extremely powerful and makes forms SOOO much easier!

Oh, and it seems that Opera's support for the validation part is much more detailed than IE's. SWEET.

HAHAHAHA... when you open it in FF, you get this at the top:
[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]If you were using Internet Explorer 6 on a Windows machine or Opera 9, this demo would actually work![/quote]

Guest askjames01
excuse me ober, but why do you liked OPERA web browser huh?
what feature or main function that you fall in love to it huh?

I have bad feelings about it, is there spywares or malicious ware
that accompanied with it? because it's free?

i'm merely curious, because i notice that you guys always used it.

just asking.

-/james/

[!--quoteo(post=366895:date=Apr 20 2006, 06:06 PM:name=askjames01)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(askjames01 @ Apr 20 2006, 06:06 PM) [snapback]366895[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
excuse me ober, but why do you liked OPERA web browser huh?
what feature or main function that you fall in love to it huh?

I have bad feelings about it, is there spywares or malicious ware
that accompanied with it? because it's free?

i'm merely curious, because i notice that you guys always used it.
just asking.

-/james/
[/quote]

i'm a convert actually now. main reason for me is the speed - and now it's supporting opacity, its pretty much my weapon of choice, even above FF. as for security/safety etc, i actually get NO popups now, not even the ones that occasionally slipped through a double popup blocker on FF/IE. and its solid - it just seems like it couldnt crash even if it wanted to, so as for security - im not too worried. i've heard too many good things about it (even the gripes are now mostly fixed) to let it go.

and ober - as for the web forms, i have come across another set a while ago but they were overly bloated, non standard javascript rubbish. these actually look a little more like they'd fit in with existing forms/input types, etc.

IMO, extra input types are long long long overdue, especially considering the sort of demands people put on the web and web development now.

Guest askjames01
really?

how about OPERA vs. FIRE FOX?
which is the best?

Or is there a buyer required this somewhere out there?

ok, i must experiment with it...
let me see if that thing is really
useful or not.

[!--quoteo(post=366934:date=Apr 20 2006, 07:16 PM:name=askjames01)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(askjames01 @ Apr 20 2006, 07:16 PM) [snapback]366934[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
really?

how about OPERA vs. FIRE FOX?
which is the best?
[/quote]

well i guess it depends on what you want. i like zipping round the web quickly getting work done as quick as possible, so opera being fast as anything is perfect for me. was the biggest factor in me deciding to use opera as my primary browser. having said that though, firefox has alot of useful stuff. maybe opera has it too, but i just havent played with it properly yet, but i just love the way you can keep adding bits to firefox as you see fit (ie, extensions, etc)

Opera has no spyware or anything like that. Why would you think that when Firefox is free yet you don't question them? Same goes for Netscape.

Opera is fast, THE MOST standards compliant browser available (to a fault at times because it isn't like IE and won't fix poor coding), and like Mark said: security security security. It's also very customizable and has a ton of nice tools for development. The only time I EVER switch over to IE is when someone codes a site poorly. I've had some issues with e-commerce sites in the past with Opera too, but I haven't ordered anything with the latest version yet (Opera 9 Beta was just released a few days ago... but weekly and preview versions have been available for a while).

The only thing I liked about Firefox is now available in Opera via a menu addition (see the Resources thread->Tools in Website Critique).

Guest askjames01
[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Opera has no spyware or anything like that. Why would you think that when Firefox is free yet you don't question them? Same goes for Netscape.[/quote]

Because i saw firefox on CNN channel often.
and i trust netscape because they are also came from the same company with java.
and i have no knowledge with opera.

but don't you worry i'll try that too later if i have free time... :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.