Learning PHP

cpreediv

Hello!

I am interested in learning PHP. I only have a basic understanding of HTML, but have engineering experience in programming with C++ and MATLAB. Can anyone recommend the best place/process/book/etc. to start?

Thanks for you help!

- Clinton

I guess it depends on your learning style. I learn best by example, so I started with a User Management System Tutorial at PHP freaks, and used the [a href=\"http://php.net\" target=\"_blank\"]PHP MANUAL[/a] to figure out what all the different functions did. PHP Freaks has some great beginners tutorials

I agree with sanfly!

My style is to learn programing hardcore.. with the function list and this forum open beside and many other helpfull links at favorites..

I like to read code standart to make a clear and validate code.. like to use xhtml validation.. and other things..

What your own style? Reading books? Looking for problems? Looking for examples??

=)

D.Soul

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.