[SOLVED] Could I do this?

LemonInflux

I haven't done any research on this, because I want to know if it'd be possible. Is there a way to write a C/C++ program that interacts with a MySQL server, and then PHP is used to get the data? Say, I have a C/C++ program that runs on the user's local system, saves the entered data in a mysql database, and then the user can go on the internet and see the data, or things to do with it? Kind of vague, but I haven't thought through what I'm thinking about.

Of course you can. Has nothing at all to do with hacking php's core and more specifically nothing to do with php, but of course its possible.

Write you program to do whatever on the client and insert its data to a remote mysql server. Then simply retrieve that same information using php.

If I may ask, do you already know C / C++?  And is it possible to get an overview of what it is you want the user to do on their local machine?

I only ask because if you don't already know the other languages, you will be faced with a steep learning curve.  Also, there is the chance you are reinventing the wheel.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.