Double underline links

grandadevans

[!--quoteo(post=367243:date=Apr 21 2006, 06:14 PM:name=grandadevans)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(grandadevans @ Apr 21 2006, 06:14 PM) [snapback]367243[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Hi all.
Does anybody know how the double underline links work.
I would love to be able to use them for my site.
[/quote]

the 2006 buzzword - [b]AJAX[/b]. [a href=\"http://www.ajaxfreaks.com\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.ajaxfreaks.com[/a]

[!--quoteo(post=367294:date=Apr 21 2006, 09:13 PM:name=grandadevans)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(grandadevans @ Apr 21 2006, 09:13 PM) [snapback]367294[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Cheers mate,
I have already had to learn CCS, PHP & SQL in the past 3 or 4 months so I think I'll take a break from learning new languages and come back to it in a few weeks.
I'll certainly bookmark the site though, thanks for the link.
[/quote]

it really isnt a new language at all. most of the playing around with AJAX i've done with this rely on doctoring/butchering/messing up the same couple of javascript functions that i first took from a tutorial.

if youre prepared to think a little differently to how web applications work, and have an hour (yes, just an hour!) to spare, it'll definitely be worth your while. not just for those funky double underlined links, but for countless other bits. (see the new Yahoo Mail beta version, or Google Calendar for good examples).

of course their are other ways of doing it, but they would (if you wanted them to work well) rely on javascript too anyway.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.