mod_rewrite help

cmgmyr

I have a site that has dynamic kiosk stores and I can't seem to get everything to work how I want it to.

1. I need url.com/kiosk_name going to url.com/store/index.php?kiosk=kiosk_name (which I have that so far).

2. I need url.com/kiosk_name/products.php going to url.com/store/products.php?kiosk=kiosk_name

3. This also needs to handle a query sting...url.com/kiosk_name/products.php?product=1 going to url.com/store/products.php?kiosk=kiosk_name&product=1

Here is what I have so far:

RewriteEngine  on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-F
RewriteRule ^([^/\.]+)/([^/\.]+)?$ $2?kiosk=$1 
RewriteRule ^([^/\.]+)/?$ store/index.php?kiosk=$1 [L]

I know I'm doing something wrong and I'm sure some other things need to be added. What should this be?

Thanks,

-Chris

I altered the code a little bit, here is what I have now:

RewriteEngine  on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-F
RewriteRule ^([^/\.]+)/?$ store/index.php?kiosk=$1 [L,PT] 
RewriteRule ^([^/]*)/([^/]*)$ store/$2?kiosk=$1 [QSA,L,PT] 

Now, the virtual directories work 100%, but when I go to the root of the site, or any of the files in the root the CSS and the images do not come up. How can I adjust this code so that it doesn't effect the root files?

Thanks,

-Chris

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.