Extremely weird SQL behavior

Dark-Hawk

alright so I have a login script all going through MySql, sometimes though if I login with the username say \'admin\' it will say that im logged in with the username Dark-Hawk, I looked through the sql table(s) and there is no user entry for Dark-Hawk anyone ever have this problem, or know how to fix it? This is extremely bad because it\'s not the best thing for my companys homepage to have \'Dark-Hawk\' as posting the news... Any help given would be extremely great. It also does the same thing if your adding a user, I just added a new one on the admin panel, and it came out as added the name Dark-Hawk ...

Have you got an old cookie named \'username\' with value \'Dark-Hawk\' lurking on your PC?

No, I periodly delete all the cookies, I\'ve also thought about that and even though it all uses sessions I did it for shits and giggles... even so it wouldn\'t matter with adding a new user none of that is kept in a cookie that all goes directly into the db...

Is this error the reason you chose \\\"Dark-Hawk\\\" as your user name??  :D

heh nah, I\'ve been using Dark-Hawk for... I think about 7 years now ;) - I\'d be wonderin if I got hacked had I not had Dark-Hawk for my own name ;) see I had added Dark-Hawk as a temporary name just for doing beta testing of my control panel, though compleatly removed it from the SQL tables, from everywhere, and since then have cleared my cookies many times over, I cannot think of *any* reason for this to be happening, if you guys can\'t come up with any reasons either I\'ll resort to tech support ;)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.