MySQL is Bi-Polar?

sghetti

One day everything is great, the next it\'s very sporadic. I have a registration script. Only, the last few days it won\'t work. MySQL won\'t allow me to insert. Is it possible this is MySQL or the script? I don\'t see how it could be the script as it has been working just fine up until a few days ago.

Here\'s the deal. I was running it fine and then I couldn\'t get MySQL to start up at all. So I uninstalled and reinstalled it. After the reinstall all of my other scripts run like they should except for this one registration script. I have changed nothing in the script nor did I change any settings in MySQL. I perplexed.

It could be many things. Some suggestions to try: run myisamchk on your table to make sure it\'s not corrupt.

Make sure you\'ve not run out of space.

Check the mysql log.

Execute an insert from the command line.

Are you out of keys?

Is it trying to insert a duplicate into a column(s) where a unique index exists?

What error is returned on the insert?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.