Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HaZaRd420

Need Help, Tricky stuff..

Ok, First things first. I wanna be able to Link an ID to the rest of the stuff thats on the database, for example. I have a roster, On the first page i only have it displaying the '.$row["alias"].' and a few other, but in that same db it also has computer specs. So i want to be able to link the viewprofile, to the rest of the stuff on another page when you click it. Please help me out on this one, hit me up on A.I.M if you can explain it easier there. Thanks. A.I.M = xdimebagxpantera

hi,

try something like this

-pass id ($row['alias']) into a string; e.g. <a href="viewdetails.php?id=<?=$row['alias'];?>">click here for details</a>
-on the details page, in this case viewdetails.php, you will grab the id in the url and use it in a mysql query to pull whatever details you need from the db, e.g. $sql=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `table_name` WHERE `id`='$_GET[id]'") or die (mysql_error());

let me know if this works.

Im getting a parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting ',' or ';' where i put the url. I need some help, i dont see where the error can be. heres the code.

[code]<td><b><a href="viewdetails.php?id=<?='$row[alias]';?>"></td>[/code]

Its just that line.

You didnt echo it:
[code]<td><b><a href="viewdetails.php?id=<?php echo($row[alias]); ?>"></td>[/code]

Orio.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.