why...

phpsux

PHP is a Server Side Language and HTML is a Client Side Language - Saying HTML is better than PHP, is like comparing Apples to Oranges.

On top of that PHP is a programming language while html is a simple markup language. There really is no comparison. PHP is able to evaluate expressions, HTML cannot.

correct me if I'm wrong , but php is not a Programming language  it is  scripting language

A programming language is an artificial language that can be used to control the behavior of a machine, particularly a computer

Scripting languages are programming languages that control applications. Scripts are executed directly from their source code

sounds like PHP is both

A programming language is an artificial language that can be used to control the behavior of a machine, particularly a computer

Scripting languages are programming languages that control applications. Scripts are executed directly from their source code

sounds like PHP is both

scripting language is run inside another program eg.. browser

scripting language is not compiled  because obviously it doesn't have a compilers like PL's

scripting language is run inside another program eg.. browser

scripting language is not compiled  because obviously it doesn't have a compilers like PL's

You could say that every application is run inside another program - the operating system. And you're correct, a scripting language is not compiled, although it's usually interpreted into machine-readable code. The only reason that it's called an interpreter and not a compiler is because the interpretation is done on-the-fly, immediately before execution. In some cases (python), the machine-code is left in a pre-compiled file that python can use instead of re-interpreting the source, so it could be said that python is a compiled language (not interpreted) for each execution after the first one.

But when you say PL, do you mean Perl? Because Perl is definitely a scripting language.

More powerful then 3 php's

10 php's put togeher

haha :) this made my day.

I was waiting until you were going to increase the number again :) But everybody ran the guy out... It keeps getting more powerful huh? like compounding puttin' them togethers! :)

Since we're on this topic, what do you think about PERL ? Most people I have come across that like PERL generally don't like PHP, and I've read a bunch of comparisons..etc.. Like php having no namespaces, generally longer function names...etc...

In summary, I've heard a bunch of reasons why PERL is better than PHP and fewer of why PHP is better than PERL, I'd like to hear some more..

I have a strong feeling that phpsux is a RUBY on RAIL fanatic and he is not a noob.

phpsux the reason why people like php because there are more jobs and money you can get from php.

I hope you understand now.

No, he is whats commonly referred to as a troll. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm with bilis_money as you can see that phpsux didn't even try to give his opinion and he didnt even ask why and what and he register his name as sux that seems like he dont have a plan to be a real member of this forum. i Believe that man only wants to get the reaction of phpfreaks members I also have a feeling that he is better than me when it comes to programming

maybe he will register again as another user or

he has existing account here and he register for another account

PHPSUX am i correct?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.