vBulletin PHP help needed

robertd

First of all I am not a programmer, just a technical professional, i.e. network admin. I run a large vBuletin board on a dedicated Linux server (7 years old) and I am capable of editing PHP code, but not writing anything from scratch...here is my issue:

I have a problem with some missing attachments...Is there a way to put a if/then or else in the PHP code so that when the attachment is missing I can return something other than this error:

Warning: fopen(/home/admin/attachments/2/5283.attach) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /attachment.php on line 203

That is what you get when you click the attachment link in a post where the actual file is missing. I would just like to have it give a message like: this attachment is no long available, or something like that on a standard vB page so it does not look like the board is messed up.

Thank for anyone that can/will help me! :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.