Phone Number Retrieval

hardhead04

Can anyone tell me how i can get my database to retrieve full phone numbers without asking my users to type their phone numbers without spaces. The only information that gets to my database is the numbers before the a space or dash.

Example:

312-432-5932 or 312 432 5932

My database only recieves the \"312\" which are the numbers before the space. I will be very greatfull if someone can help me wit this. Thanx

Hey,

I\'m new at this also, but I would have \"thought\" that on the form you could seperate the area code, phone number etc.. limit the field sizes to the number of digitis required.. and place some javascript to ensure they entered in the required number of digits. That way you could append the data together, and send it off as a single digit?

Cheers

..maybe something along the lines of....

<form>

<input type="text" size="3" name="areacode" maxlength="3">

-

<input type="text" size="3" name="number1" maxlength="3">

-

<input type="text" size="4" name="number2" maxlength="4">

<br>

<input type="submit" value="submit">

</form>

thanx but i already did that but the database is only recieving the last 4 digits of the phone number. which is \"number2\" in your example. the information in \"areacode\" and \"number1\" is lost. Should I change the record values in the database or should i make seperate records for \"area code\", \"number1\", and \"number2\" in the database.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.