Return array from query that has two tables?

commandopress

I want to take the following code and add a query from an additional table.

[code]
$findauth_id="SELECT article_id,category_id,article_title,article_sum,article_body,article_res,article_key FROM articles WHERE status='F';";

$result = mysql_query($findauth_id);
$x=0;
$num_rows=mysql_num_rows($result);
if ($num_rows>0)
       {
        while ($row= mysql_fetch_array($result, MYSQL_ASSOC))
         {
          $article[$x][id]=$row[article_id];
          $article[$x][categid]=$row[category_id];
          $article[$x][text]=strtolower($row[article_title])." ".strtolower($row[article_sum])." ".strtolower($row[article_body])." ".strtolower($row[article_res])." ".strtolower($row[article_key])." ".strtolower($row[pen_name]);
          $x++;
         }
       }
else {print "No articles to process"; exit;}
[/code]

I want to add 'penname' from the table 'pen_name' to the $result array then as in the while statement use .strtolower($row[pen_name]) as an additional $article[$x][text] variable......

I have tried everything I can find online to get this to work, but it just breaks the code. I need to pull the pen_name entry into the array so that I can look it up and match it to keywords in a later function.

Any help or direction on this would be great!

Rick

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.