3 replies to this topic

#1 davidspeare

davidspeare
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 02:01 AM

Hello,

I have recently been trying to learn PHP and MySQL with a help guide. I am now at a point in my manual that I need to get back into the default tables that were loaded with MySQL. I am being told that I don't have the permission, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to acutally log in at the command prompt.

Please help,

Thank you,

#2 fenway

fenway
  • Staff Alumni
  • MySQL Si-Fu / PHP Resident Alien
  • 16,199 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:17 AM

Not sure what you mean... MySQL only sets up mysql, users and test tables. If you lost mysql, you're in trouble, users you can recover, and test is just a playground.
Seriously... if people don't start reading this before posting, I'm going to consider not answering at all.

#3 davidspeare

davidspeare
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:09 PM

[!--quoteo(post=367881:date=Apr 24 2006, 02:17 AM:name=fenway)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(fenway @ Apr 24 2006, 02:17 AM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Not sure what you mean... MySQL only sets up mysql, users and test tables. If you lost mysql, you're in trouble, users you can recover, and test is just a playground.
[/quote]
Thanks for answering this.

What i mean is that I am typing the command to show the tables in the database mysql. However, the command prompt is telling me that I don't have the permission to log in. Let me take one step even further back. I am changing my command prompt to mysql>. From here i am typing the command "Show Databases;" and I am getting Test and MySQL returned. Then when I want to see the tables in mysql i am getting the error that I am not authorized. I think I need to log in, but I don't know how...

is that enough to help?

Thanks?

#4 fenway

fenway
  • Staff Alumni
  • MySQL Si-Fu / PHP Resident Alien
  • 16,199 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:40 PM

Usually, if you're running it locally, you can always login with "mysql -u root", and then specify your password. If not, perhaps your grant tables are a mess.
Seriously... if people don't start reading this before posting, I'm going to consider not answering at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users