• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KDragon

KDragon
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:06 AM

I've got this code that does pretty much what I would expect it to do, which is print out the same text over and over, darkening each line of text from white to black. Now that I got that to work I was going to move on to building an algorithm to fade the same line of text from white to black. But i realize that part of my algorithm would probably be printing out the text at the color it's at and then replace it with the next darkest shade of text. So before I go about writing this next step of my code, i would just like to know if it's even possible to do this with purely PHP and no help from any javascript etc. Basically, is it possible to echo something out to the page for some period of time, remove it and replace with something else??

#2 redbullmarky

redbullmarky
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,863 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, England

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:22 AM

[!--quoteo(post=367873:date=Apr 24 2006, 08:06 AM:name=KDragon)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(KDragon @ Apr 24 2006, 08:06 AM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I've got this code that does pretty much what I would expect it to do, which is print out the same text over and over, darkening each line of text from white to black. Now that I got that to work I was going to move on to building an algorithm to fade the same line of text from white to black. But i realize that part of my algorithm would probably be printing out the text at the color it's at and then replace it with the next darkest shade of text. So before I go about writing this next step of my code, i would just like to know if it's even possible to do this with purely PHP and no help from any javascript etc. Basically, is it possible to echo something out to the page for some period of time, remove it and replace with something else??
[/quote]

yes, if you wanted a page reload in between each shade of the colour fade....very unlikely.

otherwise, nope. your only and best way is via javascript.
"you have to keep pissing in the wind to learn how to keep your shoes dry..."

I say old chap, that is rather amusing!

#3 Barand

Barand
  • Moderators
  • Sen . ( ile || sei )
  • 18,021 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:52 PM

other options

- flash
- java applet
If you are still using mysql_ functions, STOP! Use mysqli_ or PDO. The longer you leave it the more you will have to rewrite.

Donations gratefully received

moon.png

|baaGrid| easy data tables - and more
|baaChart| easy line, column and pie charts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users