Connect PHP to MSSQL

colmtourque

I have installed PHP 5 on an server 2003 IIS Box running MSSQL.

I have the latest version of ntwdblib.dll as and have uncommneted the mssql extension yet I am still getting the following error when I attempt to connect.
"
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:\php\ext\php_mssql.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0
"

Driving me quite insane, any help would be appreciated or the path to an exceedingly detailed turtorial on getting mssql and php to play nice, I would really love to be able to get this to work and not have to go back to using ASP. I have done php and mysql, php and postgresql, by Bill does not seem to want to play nice. In case you wondering the sql server is already in place so it can't be removed from the equation.

Make sure you've done this:
The extension requires the MS SQL Client Tools to be installed on the system where PHP is installed. The Client Tools can be installed from the MS SQL Server CD or by copying ntwdblib.dll from \winnt\system32 on the server to \winnt\system32 on the PHP box. Copying ntwdblib.dll will only provide access. Configuration of the client will require installation of all the tools.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.