Arrays

scallywag05

Hi i need to initialise an array of months and days of the month so that when a user chooses a specific month an sql query runs selecting data from the database about the specified month ie:

$month =(1=>"january"...................)

$sql = Select * from table where username=$username and date='2006-MONTH-'

the data is stored in the database in this form '2006-M-D', how do i depending on [b][!--coloro:#FF6666--][span style=\"color:#FF6666\"][!--/coloro--]month only[!--colorc--][/span][!--/colorc--][/b] display the data?

I'm no mysql expert -- but the mysql refman 4.1 has an enlightening example on page 216

This is untested, so you will probably need to tweak the following syntax to make it work for you:

$sql = "SELECT * FROM `table` WHERE `username`='$username' AND MONTH(`date`)='$month_variable'";

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.