IT Consulting Company

jcombs_31

I started playing with this site a while ago and decided to change everything. It is my good friend's company.

[a href=\"http://www.multimedia-technologies.com/c3/\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.multimedia-technologies.com/c3/[/a]

Right now it is just a starting point.

At my resolution - 1280x1024 the right side looks very empty. The whitespace in the top div also conflicts with the large whitespace on the right - at my screen resolution.

The main website itself is nice - the logos make it. The quote area is very nice.

Overall - it is nice. Just not sure whether it would be better with the content in the middle, or the header and footer divs at a set width (not 100%).

Rgds,
Steve

[!--quoteo(post=368065:date=Apr 24 2006, 01:30 PM:name=steviewdr)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(steviewdr @ Apr 24 2006, 01:30 PM) [snapback]368065[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
At my resolution - 1280x1024 the right side looks very empty. The whitespace in the top div also conflicts with the large whitespace on the right - at my screen resolution.

The main website itself is nice - the logos make it. The quote area is very nice.

Overall - it is nice. Just not sure whether it would be better with the content in the middle, or the header and footer divs at a set width (not 100%).

Rgds,
Steve
[/quote]

THe problem is that it will be too stretched if the content went across the screen, and I'm tired of fixed width center aligned sites. I'll think more about what I can do, I'm using the same res and didn't notice it being much of a problem.

[!--quoteo(post=368070:date=Apr 24 2006, 06:37 PM:name=jcombs_31)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(jcombs_31 @ Apr 24 2006, 06:37 PM) [snapback]368070[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
THe problem is that it will be too stretched if the content went across the screen, and I'm tired of fixed width center aligned sites. I'll think more about what I can do, I'm using the same res and didn't notice it being much of a problem.
[/quote]

The white in your header div clashing/matching with the white on the right at large resolutions is just a little strange IMO. Its as if the grey bar (with the icons) is just hanging there.

As for been tired of fixed width center aligned sites :: join the club!

P.S. as for icons - do you have a library or do you know where is a good place to get some?

Rgds,
Steve

[!--quoteo(post=368074:date=Apr 24 2006, 01:49 PM:name=steviewdr)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(steviewdr @ Apr 24 2006, 01:49 PM) [snapback]368074[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
The white in your header div clashing/matching with the white on the right at large resolutions is just a little strange IMO. Its as if the grey bar (with the icons) is just hanging there.

As for been tired of fixed width center aligned sites :: join the club!

P.S. as for icons - do you have a library or do you know where is a good place to get some?

Rgds,
Steve
[/quote]

I guess I see what you mean for the two white sections. I'll see if I can do something about it, but the text in the header I don't think will look right with a colored background.

As for the icons, I found them with a google search, can't see I didn't break any copyright infringements though. *looks for copy police*

I only have one minor gripe, and maybe I'm the only one that thinks this: The nav is almost "childish" big. I know a lot of people think that tiny = professional but I don't totally agree with that. However, this kinda takes it to the other extreme. I'd knock it down just a hair in the nav. Otherwise, it's pretty solid. I don't know how I feel about the footer links sitting above that bottom bar either... it's just ... different.

[!--quoteo(post=368393:date=Apr 25 2006, 08:00 AM:name=ober)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ober @ Apr 25 2006, 08:00 AM) [snapback]368393[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I only have one minor gripe, and maybe I'm the only one that thinks this: The nav is almost "childish" big. I know a lot of people think that tiny = professional but I don't totally agree with that. However, this kinda takes it to the other extreme. I'd knock it down just a hair in the nav. Otherwise, it's pretty solid. I don't know how I feel about the footer links sitting above that bottom bar either... it's just ... different.
[/quote]

I didn't really notice it being big. You mean just the icons or text or the entire thing, including the bar?

I changed the footer to include the links within and so that the color extends to the bottom of the page.

[!--quoteo(post=368412:date=Apr 25 2006, 02:01 PM:name=jcombs_31)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(jcombs_31 @ Apr 25 2006, 02:01 PM) [snapback]368412[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I didn't really notice it being big. You mean just the icons or text or the entire thing, including the bar?

I changed the footer to include the links within and so that the color extends to the bottom of the page.
[/quote]

The footer looks better.
As for the top Nav - ya, the whole height of the white and grey bars. Could you lightly hatch the white top bar?

-steve

[!--quoteo(post=368431:date=Apr 25 2006, 09:43 AM:name=ober)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ober @ Apr 25 2006, 09:43 AM) [snapback]368431[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Maybe I'm seeing things.... but I don't notice any change. ?
[/quote]

did you refresh your browser? Anytime I've used opera I have image problems.

[!--quoteo(post=368441:date=Apr 25 2006, 09:58 AM:name=ober)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ober @ Apr 25 2006, 09:58 AM) [snapback]368441[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Ok, but I still don't see this:

>>I changed the footer to include the links within and so that the color extends to the bottom of the page.
[/quote]

Sounds like you have a proxy/caching server that may not be refreshing with new images/content.

[!--quoteo(post=368440:date=Apr 25 2006, 09:57 AM:name=steviewdr)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(steviewdr @ Apr 25 2006, 09:57 AM) [snapback]368440[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Ober: there was a very minor change to the height of the white div.

jcombs: Im out of ideas.

Rgds,
Steve
[/quote]

I'm not clear if that is a good or bad thing? I don't know if you guys noticed that there was also some content in the about/services section.

Ah ya - the site looks great. I was just focusing way too much on the header.

Still think that right area could do with something.

On the about page -> tis nice how the bottom stays blue/grey.

I would try and put that top white div a very light shade of grey to set aside.

Neways - nice overall.

-steve

[!--quoteo(post=368453:date=Apr 25 2006, 10:22 AM:name=steviewdr)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(steviewdr @ Apr 25 2006, 10:22 AM) [snapback]368453[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Ah ya - the site looks great. I was just focusing way too much on the header.

Still think that right area could do with something.

On the about page -> tis nice how the bottom stays blue/grey.

I would try and put that top white div a very light shade of grey to set aside.

Neways - nice overall.

-steve
[/quote]

Do you see the light grey horizontal bars that I had put there? There are pretty light but made it not completely white. I may see how it looks centered. Thanks for all the feedback. I'll post again when I make any more changes.

The top graphic is broken in IE.

The top graphic on the Services page jumps to the left when coming from other pages.

It doesnt look bad - center aligned. Perhaps if you put a 1px left and right border and something in the background like with your main www.multimedia-technologies.com might look nice.

I have to say that I cant really see the light grey horizontal bars.

Rgds,
Steve

I looked on another monitor and couldn't see the bars either, so I darkened them a little. Also, tell me if you still have a broken image, I have IE 7 installed and it looks fine, but I did correct a possible reason for it. I've also added a contact page. I don't want to add any lines down the side of the content section.

[!--quoteo(post=368519:date=Apr 25 2006, 12:56 PM:name=ober)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ober @ Apr 25 2006, 12:56 PM) [snapback]368519[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Weird... must be the proxy here at work, but I'm not getting any of these updates.
[/quote]

what if you try to check the contact page? Do you see any difference, that page should not be cached but the CSS file and images probably are. Your proxy seems to not be workign correctly though. I've seen the same problem bofore at another job. I have a proxy set up on my home server, but you have to tunnel into it through SSH to have it work.

Jcombs - Im using IE 6 and it is broken.

Screengrab= [a href=\"http://kartbuilding.net/misc/jcombs.jpg\" target=\"_blank\"]http://kartbuilding.net/misc/jcombs.jpg[/a]

As for the website - I do be getting performance issues with multimedia-technologies.com. If I do a CTRL F5 it can take minutes to get from your server IMO.

Oh ya - The light grey bars show up better now. Looks ok at that.

Rgds,
Steve

[!--quoteo(post=368574:date=Apr 25 2006, 02:47 PM:name=steviewdr)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(steviewdr @ Apr 25 2006, 02:47 PM) [snapback]368574[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Jcombs - Im using IE 6 and it is broken.

Screengrab= [a href=\"http://kartbuilding.net/misc/jcombs.jpg\" target=\"_blank\"]http://kartbuilding.net/misc/jcombs.jpg[/a]

As for the website - I do be getting performance issues with multimedia-technologies.com. If I do a CTRL F5 it can take minutes to get from your server IMO.

Oh ya - The light grey bars show up better now. Looks ok at that.

Rgds,
Steve
[/quote]

thanks for the screenshot, can you check for me again, I made a change to the CSS file.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.