How Do I Run A PERL Script?

MoFish

Hello All! You may thing, oh my god why is this guy doing Perl. I'm thinking the same thing, but it’s a mandatory part of my course work for university. I have created a script, or I think I have created a script, which will convert temperatures. I have put the conv.pl file in my cgi-bin, and chmod it to 777, allowing it to execute. I then put my HTML page in a sub folder called PERL. When I try to run the script i get the following error.

[b]Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. [/b]

What exactly does this mean in PERL terms. Is this something on the server or is this a error which normally occours within perl if the script is incorrect? If required i will post my actuall code.

Thanks Again, MoFish.

That looks like it can't even find the page with the Perl script. Normally Perl errors result in a CGI Error screen or something with information about the script itself. And why are you posting this on a PHP forum??? Surely there are places out there for help on Perl.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.