Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slpshtmike

Error uploading .jpg files in Internet Explorer.

I have an image uploading script, and to ensure that the file being uploaded is an image I have the following if statement.

if (($_FILES['imagefile']['type'] == "image/gif") OR ($_FILES['imagefile']['type'] == "image/jpg") OR ($_FILES['imagefile']['type'] == "image/jpeg") OR ($_FILES['imagefile']['type'] == "image/bmp") OR ($_FILES['imagefile']['type'] == "image/GIF") OR ($_FILES['imagefile']['type'] == "image/JPG") OR ($_FILES['imagefile']['type'] == "image/JPEG") OR ($_FILES['imagefile']['type'] == "image/BMP")){

(some code here)

}else echo("error: invalid filetype");

The script works fine when I try to upload images in Firefox, but when using IE I recieve the "error: invalid filetype" when I try to upload .jpg images.

Has anyone ever encountered this before? Or have any idea why this is happening?

Your help is much appreciated,
Mike

I found the problem, ill post it here just incase anyone else runs into this.

While firefox reads the mime-type of a jpeg image as "image/jpeg", internet explorer reads it as "image/pjpeg"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.