MySQL - Excel

gerkintrigg

I've posted this in PHP Tutorial Help, but there has been no reply (does anyone use it any more - other than me?)

I'm trying to import/export to/from mySQL & Excel. I have followed the tutorial to do this, but am still coming up blanks on why the reader file is exporting the whole PHP page to the excel file, rather than just the data. When I load the XLS file (excel extension), it asks me where my CSS style sheet is...

If anyone has had the same problem in the past and had it resolved, I emplore you to help.. *beg, grovel, beg some more*.

Thanks in advance.

I came up with a script to export data from a mysql database, and to create an Excel spreadsheet containing the required data. This Excel sheet is saved to a specific location on the webserver.

If you want me to send over the script, let me know and i'll comment it up so its easy to modify for you.

I use it for creating a mail-merge source file for when we want to send a letter to multiple clients... have a simple form where you can select the clients who are due to receive the letter, click a submit button and it transfers their details from the database and generates a .xls file with the content in it.

It's pretty straight-forward really... but took me ages to get it working as i wanted.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.