Referencement,,

GBS

Hi all,

I'm trying to add my website on some popular search engine (like yahoo, google, etc...),
I've added some meta-tags in my html part, with relevant keywords,, but none answer after a search on google,...

So,, what is the usefull of those meta-tags,... & how do they work ?

Is there any way to have your own site referenced on popular search engine at free cost ?

Any tips are welcomed,,
Thanks in advance,,

l8tr,,

The quickest way to get your site listed in majot search engines (SE) is have as many web sites with high Page Rank (PR) link to your site. High PR site are crwaled very often by SE and they will folow a link to your web site from any other site linking back to you. Besides indexing your site faster, it can boost your web page PR.
In the meantime, optimize your web pages: make them SE friendly, add good content, update regularly and add fresh content very often. If you feed SE with "fresh food" they will come back.

[!--quoteo(post=369927:date=Apr 29 2006, 01:28 PM:name=GBS)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(GBS @ Apr 29 2006, 01:28 PM) [snapback]369927[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Thanks for the infos,,... it's more clear to me now,,
So,, the most difficult thing seems to have the site linked on some high PR site,...
maybe some links/tips about,...?

l8tr,,
[/quote]

Once your site is online, you need to start your link building campaign.
1-Submit your site to directories
2-You can also write articles related to the theme of your site and submit then to e-zines. That the best way to not only build links but also bring traffic to your site.
3-You can also use link exchange programs such as:
linkmarket.net
linkmetro.com
linkexchanged.com
link2me.com
4- Start a blog to add fresh content to your site very often. That will attract SE to come back and get your site indexed.
5- Create a sitemap (Google Site Map) and submit it to Google

Tip: make sure your keywords appear in your web page title. (Tres tres important!!)

Hi,,

I tried to make a sitemap for google using a sitemap-generator (link: [a href=\"https://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/docs/en/sitemap-generator.html\" target=\"_blank\"]sitemap-gen[/a])
but get some trouble with installation using python syntax,... erf,... good old command lines :)
Anyway,, as suggested in few website, I put a 'robots.txt' file at the top of my website,.. hoping google will be happy with it,... :)

Thanks for all your tips,, & your french touch,, ;)

l8tr,,

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.