PHP & Dreamweaver

2wasted

[!--sizeo:3--][span style=\"font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--][!--fonto:Verdana--][span style=\"font-family:Verdana\"][!--/fonto--] lo all,
I have just started PHP and iam using W.A.M.P5 V1.6.1 and dreamweaver on xp pro sp2.2 quick questions:-)1 is W.A.M.P ok or should i install them all 1 by 1? and is there better than DW for PHP..i dont seem to have code hint with php in DW that i have with html...
Thx
Charlie/2wasted[!--fontc--][/span][!--/fontc--][!--sizec--][/span][!--/sizec--]

WAMP is fine, as long as it is working correctly. Personally I like apache/mysql installed seperately... easier to upgrade. But if it works then that is all that is needed.

As for the 'tag hints', that would depend on dw version. Also you need to make sure you set up the new pages to be .php before the tag hints will appear, since they won't in a html document. This will also depend on how the site is set up!

edit->preferences->new document set default to PHP

Another thing, DW likes to 'fix tags' this can be a bad thing in php. You can fix that in preferences too. just ad .php to code rewriting.

[!--quoteo(post=368656:date=Apr 25 2006, 05:48 PM:name=Ferenc)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Ferenc @ Apr 25 2006, 05:48 PM) [snapback]368656[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
WAMP is fine, as long as it is working correctly. Personally I like apache/mysql installed seperately... easier to upgrade. But if it works then that is all that is needed.

As for the 'tag hints', that would depend on dw version. Also you need to make sure you set up the new pages to be .php before the tag hints will appear, since they won't in a html document. This will also depend on how the site is set up!

edit->preferences->new document set default to PHP

Another thing, DW likes to 'fix tags' this can be a bad thing in php. You can fix that in preferences too. just ad .php to code rewriting.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply m8:-) i have DW 8,and i have it set up as a php localhost.i have done the things you said but still the same:-(maybe i'am askin 2 much from DW.what i mean is in html when i type <h it will come up with h1,h2 etc.but after <? if i do "e" i dont get a hint like echo etc...
Thx
Charlie

Tag hints should work for you. They can be eneabled in the preferences aswell.
If you look at your tag Libbrary and there are no tags for php, I think you can download them from the DW site.

Also, you will have to start php in the document (if you haven't)
[code]<?php

?>

[/code]

[!--quoteo(post=368671:date=Apr 25 2006, 06:38 PM:name=Ferenc)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Ferenc @ Apr 25 2006, 06:38 PM) [snapback]368671[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Tag hints should work for you. They can be eneabled in the preferences aswell.
If you look at your tag Libbrary and there are no tags for php, I think you can download them from the DW site.

Also, you will have to start php in the document (if you haven't)
[code]<?php

?>

[/code]
[/quote]
Thanks m8,
ill give that a try..what GUI do most PHP programers use?
cheers
Charlie/2wasted

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.