Can't get connection

Endrew

[b]MYSQL 5.0 , IIS 5.1, Windows XP Professional Edition[/b]

Whenever i call mysql_connect function I got this error message.
[Quote]
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\info\~phpdesigner_output_tmp.php on line 2
[Quote]

When i change login password, using MYSQL SERVER INSTANCE CONFIG WIZARD, I've got this error message during setting up process. I turned off firewall as the msg said. But it doesn't work. Is there a way to solve this problem?
[Quote]
Error Nr.1045
Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'(using password:NO)
If a personal firewall is running on your machine, please make sure you have opened the TCP port 3306 for connections. Otherwise no client application can connect to the server. After you have opened the port please press [Retry] to apply the security settings. If you are re-installing after you just uninstalled the MySQL server please note that the data directory was not removed automatically. Therefore the old password from your last installation is still needed to connect to ther server. In this case please select skip now and re-run the Configuration Wizard from the start menu.
[Quote]

Windows Firewall probanly has port 3306 blocked. Do you have SP2 installed? If so, go to Start => Settings => Control Panel => Windows Firewall. Select the option, "Off" to completely disable the firewall and then try to reconnect to MySQL. If you can connect, you'll have to create an exception in Windows Firewall to run both...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.